Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for the week 30 January to 5 February for openstack-dev:
- ~474 Messages (down about 17% relative to the long term average)
- ~163 Unique threads (down about 9% relative to the long term average)
A little little quieter than last week but overall back into “normal” territory for list traffic volume. That said, not a lot of traffic that met the Lwood criteria this week – one of (from memory) only two or three weeks where this has occurred. Was it something I said ? :)
Notable Discussions – openstack-dev
Survey on Open Source Collaboration practices
A reminder that Allison Randal is running a brief survey on collaboration practices in Open Source development, particularly within corporations and OpenStack as part of academic research she’s undertaking. This was flagged last week, but if you haven’t already and you can spare a few minutes to answer the brief (ten question) survey it would be much appreciated. THe Survey is here.
End of Week Wrap-ups
A few more projects starting to produce “regular” weekly updates and/or meeting summaries. This week we have ones for Horizon from Richard Jones, Ironic courtesy of Ruby Loo, TripleO CI from Attila Darazs and Triple O Containers from Flavio Percoco.
Notable Discussions – other OpenStack lists
No traffic particularly stood out on the other lists this last week.
People and Projects
PTL nominations & Changes
As Kendall Nelson points out in his email elections are underway and will end on February 7 2017 at 23:45 UTC. Ironic, Keystone, Neutron, Quality Assurance and Stable Branch Maintenance are the five projects that have multiple candidates and so go to the vote.
If you do wish to review the Candidacy Statements, they are listed on the OpenStack Governance page. If you’re eligible to vote you should have already received an email from the Condorcet system to allow you to do so.
Core nominations & changes
- [Craton] Proposing Harry Harrington for Craton core – Sulochan Acharya
- [Keystone] removing Guang Yee (gyee) from keystone-core – Steve Martinelli
- [Meteos-UI] Add initial member – Hiroyuki Eguchi
- [Openstack-ansible] Propose Marc Gariepy as core reviewer – Jesse Pretorius
- [TripleO] Proposing Dmitry Tantsur and Alex Schultz as instack-undercloud cores – Ben Nemec
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – most recent ones linked in each case
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- What’s Happening in OpenStack Ansible (WHOA) by Major Hayden
- API Working Group newsletter – Chris Dent and the API WG
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez & Kendall Nelson
- OpenStack news over on opensource.com by Jason Baker
- OpenStack Foundation Events Page for a frequently updated list of events
Finally got speakers set up (bliss) and so very much enjoyed listening to The Lachy Doley Group’s new album, Lovelight while preparing Lwood this week.
Last but by no means least, thanks, as always, to Rackspace :)