Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for week 7 to 13 March 2016:
- ~683 Messages (down about 12% relative to last week)
- ~202 Unique threads (down about 9% relative to last week)
A quieter week than last and relatively little traffic that seemed a fit for Lwood, however with PTL nominations opening up there was some interesting traffic related to that, summarised below.
New API guidelines for review
Chris Dent writes that there are two new API guidelines ready for review by interested folk;
- Header Non Proliferation
- Everett Toews points out this one is ready for merge on 18 March in absence of any further feedback
- Client interaction guidelines for microversion
Tristian Cacqueray noted early in the week that both PTL and TC elections are coming up in March/April respectively.
A few days later Tony Breeds followed up with the formal notification of the opening of Nominations for OpenStack PTLs.
In the People and Projects section below there’s a summary of both retiring PTLs and PTL Candidates. It’s worth noting that at the time of writing Glance, Horizon, Murano, Nova, Telemetry and QA appear to not have continuing PTLs or new nominees. Of course it’s early days too :)
Mike Perez pulled together a useful summary of cross-project Specs that appear to have gone stale. While the onus is typically on the original author to revive them, it can be an opportunity for other interested parties to assist.
At a quick glance there’s a fairly wide range of Specs in there, so if you’ve some spare cycles… :)
Upcoming OpenStack Events
Unless I missed it (certainly possible in 200+ threads!) no new events came up on the list this week. Don’t forget the OpenStack Foundation’s comprehensive Events Page for a comprehensive list though!
People and Projects
- [Horizon] Proposal to add Diana Whitten to horizon-core – David Lyle
- [Neutron] Proposal to add Ihar Hrachyshka to *-aas-core – Armando M
PTL’s stepping down
- [Glance] PTL Stepping Down – Flavio Percoco
- [Horizon] PTL Stepping Down – David Lyle
- [Murano] PTL Stepping Down – Serg Melikyan
- [Nova] PTL Stepping Down – John Garbutt
- [Telemetry] PTL Stepping Down – Gord Chung
- [QA] PTL Standing Down – Matthew Treinish
- [App-Catalog] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Christopher Aedo
- [Chef] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Samuel Cassiba
- [Cinder] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Sean McGinnis
- [Congress] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Tim Hinrichs
- [Docs] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Lana Brindley
- [Ironic] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Jim Rollenhagen
- [Keystone] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Adam Young
- [Kuryr] PTL Candidacy (New) – Gal Sagle
- [Puppet] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Emilien Macchi
- [Release] PTL Candidacy (Continuing) – Doug Hellmann
Further Reading & Miscellanea
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez
- OpenStack Foundation Blog