Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for week 29 February to 6 March 2016:
- ~773 Messages (up about 22% relative to last week)
- ~222 Unique threads (up about 14% relative to last week)
A busy week on the list – since I kicked off Lwood the only week that was busier was week ending 20151206 with 793 and 232 messages and threads respectively. And of course turns out this was one week where I didn’t keep up with traffic every day, so had, ahem, quite a few messages to go through this morning! :)
Internationalisation Liaisons sought
Daisy Guo notes that there will be full time translators from IBM assisting the community based translation teams for Mitaka. Liaisons are sought from across the OpenStack project, but particularly Nova, Glance, Keystone, Cinder, Swift, Neutron, Heat, Horizon (including the various Horizon plugin projects) and Ceilometer.
The future of LBaaS v1 support
A short thread kicked off by Sam Bercovici asks when/if it’s appropriate to remove LBaaS v1 support from Neutron. The consensus seems to settle out around “Yes, but in Newton” but as rightly pointed out by Kevin Fox, only once there is a plan for an upgrade path.
ATC Free Summit Passes
While the main thread has more or less settled out in the affirmative around the planned changes, there was an interesting digression starting around here about reducing the perceived/actual “gaming” of gaining ATC status in order avoid paying the Summit ticket fee. Some good food for thought in the ensuing dozen or so posts.
Changing format of Microversion Headers
Writing on behalf of the API Working Group, Chris Dent flags the desire of the WG to subtly change the format of the headers before too many projects start making use of them.
A small change and normally a bit low level for Lwood, but given the importance of getting it sorted early in the piece worth posting.
Upcoming OpenStack Events
Some of the OpenStack related events that cropped up on the mailing list this past week. Don’t forget the OpenStack Foundation’s comprehensive Events Page for a broader list!
Midcycles & Sprints
- [Freezer] Midcycle meetup in Galway, Ireland – Pierre Mathieu
People and Projects
- [Oslo] Not re-standing as PTL – Davanum “Dims” Srinivas
- [Zaqar] Nominating Eva Balycheva for zaqar-core – Fei Long Wang
- [Fuel] Nominating Maksim Malchuk for fuel-virtualbox-core – Sergey Kulanov
- [App-catalog] Nominating Kirill Zaitsev to app-catalog-core – Christopher Aedo
- [TripleO-UI] Nominating Jiri Tomasek and Ana Krivokapic to tripleo-ui-core – Dan Prince
- [Taas] Nominating Yamamoto Takashi and Soichi Shigeta as taas-core reviewers – Vinay Yadhav
- [Puppet-Neutron-Core] Creating Puppet-Neutron-Core and nominating Serge Kolekonov to same – Emilien Macchi
- [Magnum-UI] Adding Shu Muto to Magnum-UI-Core and removing Dims (at his request) – Adrian Otto
- [Kolla] Proposing Alicja Kwasniewska for kolla-core reviewer – Steven Dake
Further Reading & Miscellanea
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez
- OpenStack Foundation Blog
This edition of Lwood brought to you by Eagles (Hotel California), Dire Straits (Love over Gold) and DGM (FrAme). Yes, I’m aware there is something of a contrast between the first two albums and the last one :)