Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week ending 10 January 2016. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for week 4 to 10 January 2016:
- ~496 Messages (up about 246% relative to last week)
- ~150 Unique threads (up about 127% relative to last week)
Traffic well on it’s way to pre-end of year levels. Welcome back! :)
Release countdown for week R-12
Doug Hellman pens a short reminder of what should be occurring ahead of the Mitaka 2 deadline next week.
Temporary issues with Stackalytics ?
Joe Huang notes some apparent issues with the popular Stackalytics website – Jay Pipes subsequently points out that most of the Mirantis folk are on leave until the 10th, so presumably things will be sorted out quickly thereafter :)
This appears to be affecting both project and individual stats – the latter seemingly not being updated since December 31st.
Austin Panel Session on automatic config file generation ?
Kendall J Nelson sensibly suggests having a session at the Austin summit to further unify the automatic generation of config files. The subsequent conversation went a little off topic, mostly looking at why Cinder did things differently, but perhaps the fact it did underscores the need for a bit of IRL discussion on it ? :)
Vision and changes for OpenStack API Guides
Anne Gentle writes that there is a lot going on this cycle in the area of OpenStack API Guides and API References and of a cross platform meeting tuesday (12 January) to discuss some of the work planned. Please take a quick look at what’s going on – the information in question is one of the more important public facing bits of OpenStack after all.
Upcoming OpenStack Events
A summary of OpenStack related events that cropped up on the mailing list this past week. Don’t forget the OpenStack Foundation’s excellent Events Page for a comprehensive list!
Once again a reminder that many projects and working groups were cancelling or altering the schedule of their regular IRC meetings for the period spanning the last week of December 2015 into early January 2016. I believe most meetings are now back on, but check to be sure :)
- [kolla] Midcycle 9 and 10 February in Greenville, SC, USA – Steve Dake
- [watcher] Midcycle 2 to 4 February in Austin, TX, USA – Antoine Cabot
- [taker] Midcycle 28 and 29 January in San Jose, CA, USA – Sridhar Ramaswamy
- [puppet] Virtual Midcycle 25 to 27 January – Emilien Macchi
- [QA] Code Sprint 22 to 24 February, Cambridge, MA, USA – Matthew Treinish
People and Projects
- [puppet] Alex Schultz as part of core team – Emilien Macchi
- [trove] Mariam John to core team – Amrith Kumar
Further Reading & Miscellanea
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – Mike’s summary makes a welcome return, Lana and Jay’s efforts remain on vacation as far as I’m aware so links are to the most recent edition :)
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- OpenStack Weekly Community Newsletter by Jay Fankhauser and others