Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week ending 3rd January 2016. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for week 28 December 2015 to 3 January 2016:
- ~143 Messages (down about 53% relative to last week)
- ~66 Unique threads (down about 45% relative to last week)
A very quiet week on the list, quietest I’ve seen since starting Lwood mid last year :)
And there was silence!
Well this is a bit awkward – the list was really quiet this week past as noted above and so nothing that would normally fit into this section.
This of course isn’t to say there wasn’t good work done or even that there was no useful activity, quite the contrary, but of the 66 or so individual posts/threads but pretty much all of it was either project logistics or bug triage / “tech support” style discussions.
I plan on a deeper analysis for sometime around the anniversary edition of Lwood, but for the curious here are some openstack-dev stats based on data since late June 2016;
- An average of 565 messages a week (or about 80 a day)
- An average of 171 threads per week (or about 25 a day)
- Last week was just 25% of the message and 38% of the thread count of an average week
- Total messages drop by 50-80% relative to average during the week of a summit
Upcoming OpenStack Events
A summary of OpenStack related events that cropped up on the mailing list this past week. Don’t forget the OpenStack Foundation’s excellent Events Page for a comprehensive list!
Once again a reminder that many projects and working groups are cancelling or altering the schedule of their regular IRC meetings for the period spanning the last week of December 2015 into early January 2016.
Those I’m aware of are listed below, but worth double checking any that you usually attend to save that unnecessary early morning start or late night :)
- From this week: Murano
- From Lwood-20151227: Nova, CloudKitty, Telemetry, Neutron, Ironic, Cross Project Meeting, Vitrage, Puppet, Watcher, Cinder and Sahara
- From Lwood-21051220: NFV, TelcoWG, Neutron, DVR, Searchlight, Horizon, Glance, Fuel, QA, Performance, Nova, Tacker, Stable, Freezer, Lbaas and Octavia
- [senlin] Midcycle meetup in Beijing, China 11 and 12 January – Qiming Teng
- [horizon] Midcycle Sprint in Hillsboro, OR, USA 23 to 25 February – David Lyle
People and Projects
No proposals for acceptance to core or people leaving projects noted this week.
Further Reading & Miscellanea
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – all three are currently on vacation so links are to the most recent edition :)
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- OpenStack Weekly Community Newsletter by Jay Fankhauser and others
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez
This rather short edition of Lwood brought to you by Robert Plant (Now and Zen) amongst other tunes.