Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for the week 6 to 12 March for openstack-dev:
~447 Messages (down nearly 22% relative to the long term average)
~135 Unique threads (down just shy of 25% relative to the long term average)
Traffic about the same as last week, if anything up slightly. A busy few days conspired against me so Lwood is a bit short and a bit late this week, apologies to those who I know set their clocks by it’s arrival… ;)
Notable Discussions – openstack-dev
OpenStack Summit Boston Schedule Available
Erin Disney writes that the schedule is now up for the Boston Summit later this year.
Call for Mentors at upcoming Summit
Emily Hugenbruch notes that the upcoming Boston summit will again provide an opportunity for Mentors to assist newcomers to OpenStack in getting up to speed. If you’re interested, please follow the info in Emily’s email and sign up.
OpenStack PTG Atlanta summary of summaries
As mentioned in the previous couple of Lwoods, with the Atlanta event concluded summaries of the event, mostly from a projects standpoint are rolling in. There were a few more this week past, listed below, and the original blog post has been updated too.
- [Acceleration] Atlanta PTG Summary – Zhipeng Huang
- [Heat] Heat PTG recap – Rico Lin
- [Ironic] Pike PTG report – Dimitry Tantsur
- [Mistral][PTG] Following up on Pike PTG sessions – Renat Akhmerov
- [Neutron] Upgrades PTG recap – Ihar Hrachyshka
- [Octavia] Octavia PTG summary – Cross-project teams Pt1 & Pt2 – Michael Johnson
End of Week Wrap-ups, Summaries and Updates
People and Projects
Core nominations & changes
- [Kolla] Proposing duonghq for core – Michał Jastrzębski
- [Neutron] Stepping down from Neutron roles – Nate Johnston
- [Nova] Core team changes – removing Daniel Berrange (danpb) and Michael Still (mikal) from nova-core, adding Jay Pipes (jaypipes) and Sylvain Bauza (bauzas) to nova-specs-core – Matt Riedemann
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – most recent ones linked in each case
- What’s Up, Doc? by Alexandra Settle
- API Working Group newsletter – Chris Dent and the API WG
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez & Kendall Nelson
- OpenStack news over on opensource.com by Jason Baker
- OpenStack Foundation Events Page for a frequently updated list of events
No tunes this week, was again working remotely and needed all the concentration I could muster despite the relative simplicity of the task at hand! :)