Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for the week 13 to 19 February for openstack-dev:
~575 Messages (three messages more than the long term average)
~212 Unique threads (up about 18% relative to the long term average)
Traffic picked up a fair bit this week – almost exactly on the long term average for messages. Threads up a bit more – lots of short threads, a mixture of those about project logos and PTG logistics contributing there I think.
Notable Discussions – openstack-dev
Proposed Pike release schedule
Assistance sought for the Outreachy program
From Mahati Chamarthy an update about the Outreachy program – an initiative that helps folk from underrepresented groups get involved in FOSS. It’s a worthy initiative if there were ever one, a lot of support was shown from it at linux.conf.au recently as it happens too.
Please consider getting involved and/or supporting the programs work financially.
Session voting open for OpenStack Summit Boston
Erin Disney writes to advise that voting is open for sessions in Boston until 7:59am Wednesday 22nd February (UTC) She notes that unique URLs for submissions have been returned based on community feedback.
Final Team Mascots
A slew of messages this week announcing the final versions of the team mascots that the OpenStack Foundation has been coordinating. I briefly contemplated listing them all here but that seemed a sub-optimal way to spend the next hour – so if you want to find one for your favourite project, follow this link and use your browser search for “mascot” or “logo” – mostly the former. The Foundation will, I gather, be publishing a canonical list of them all shortly in any case.
End of Week Wrap-ups, Summaries and Updates
People and Projects
Project Team Lead Election Conclusion and Results
Kendall Nelson summarises the results of the recent PTL elections in a post to the list. Most Projects had the one PTL nominee, those that went to election were Ironic, Keystone, Neutron, QA and Stable Branch Maintenance. Full details in Kendall’s message.
Core nominations & changes
- [Glance] Revising the core list (multiple changes) – Brian Rosmaita
- [Heat] Stable-maint additions (multiple changes) – Zane Bitter
- [Ironic] Adding Vasyl Saienko and Mario Villaplana, temporarily removing Devananda Van Der Veen – Dmitry Tantsur
- [Packaging-RPM] Nominating Alberto Planas Dominguez for core – Igor Yozhikov
- [Watcher] Nominating Prudhvi Rao Shedimbi to core – Vincent Françoise
- [Watcher] Nominating Li Canwei to Core – Alexander Chadin
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – most recent ones linked in each case
- What’s Up, Doc? by Alexandra Settle
- API Working Group newsletter – Chris Dent and the API WG
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez & Kendall Nelson
- OpenStack news over on opensource.com by Jason Baker
- OpenStack Foundation Events Page for a frequently updated list of events