Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for the week 21 to 27 November for openstack-dev:
- ~367 Messages (down about 16% relative to last week)
- ~125 Unique threads (down about 24% percent relative to last week)
Not surprisingly Message and Thread countsdropped back down again last week as many in the OpenStack community observed the Thanksgiving Holidays in the US. In a spare moment I goofed about a bit and looked at the overall trends since July 2015 when I started Lwood and the overall trend for Messages is quite noticeably down. The trend for Threads is down too but not as markedly – I conject that the overall variety/level of discourse is staying fairly constant, but the average thread is getting shorter – a sign perhaps of consensus being reached more rapidly and/or more involved discussions shifting to commentary in blueprints, reviews etc.
Notable Discussions – openstack-dev
What exactly is the Steward Working Group anyhow ?
Is the quasi-rhetorical question posed by Colette Alexander in her email. In her post you’ll find a very succinct explanation of the SWG activities – I dare say of interest to all involved in OpenStack and worth a read.
Liberty released tagged End of Life
Tony Breeds notes that in keeping with usual OpenStack process, the Liberty release is now tagged EoL – if you’re still using it, now might be a good to time to plan not to :)
OpenStack Summit Barcelona summary of summaries
Just a reminder that there’s a summary of summaries from the summit in Barcelona here.
Notable Discussions – other OpenStack lists
Things were pretty quiet, at least from an Lwood standpoint on the various other OpenStack lists.
People and Projects
Core nominations & changes
- [Horizon] Zhenguo Niu retiring from Horizon Core Team – Richard Jones
- [Keystone] Stepping down from keystone core – Marek Denis
- [Keystone] Not running for PTL for Pike cycle – Steve Martinelli
- [Nova] Stepping back – Andrew Laski
- [TripleO] Proposing Julie Pichon for tripleo core – Dougal Matthews
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – most recent ones linked in each case
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- What’s Happening in OpenStack Ansible (WHOA) by Major Hayden
- API Working Group newsletter – Chris Dent and the API WG
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez
- OpenStack news over on opensource.com by Jason Baker
- OpenStack Foundation Events Page for a frequently updated list of events
This edition of Lwood brought to you by Mr. Mister (Welcome to the Real World), Glenn Hughes (Resonate) and a couple of other tunes. On the off chance you like rock/heavy rock, please do yourself a favour and check out Resonate – it’s goosebumps inducing good – best thing I’ve heard all year and I fully expect will end up in my long term top ten album list – it’s excellent.
Last but by no means least, thanks, as always, to Rackspace :)