Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for week 22 to 28 – August 2016 for openstack-dev:
- ~363 Messages (down about 8.5% relative to last week)
- ~161 Unique threads (down about 5% relative to last week)
Traffic down again this week, some 37% below the long term average from starting Lwood in June 2015. Paraphrasing an OpenStack savvy friend of mine “More typey typey and reviewy reviewy, less talky talky” – feature finalisation time so less conversations :)
Notable Discussions – openstack-dev
Gerrit Storyboard integration live
Zara Zaimeche penned an update on Storyboard, one of the coolest things mentioned was that the integration with Gerrit is now live. She even gives an example of how you can tinker with this new functionality in a test instance if you don’t have any pressing patches to send.
New API landing page for API docs collection
Anne Gentle’s post notes that some further work has been done towards having a single landing page for all API related docs – a key part of making OpenStack a bit more user friendly for (technical!) consumers.
Subteam and Mid-Cycle Reports
Notable Discussions – other OpenStack lists
Summit schedule and talks announced
Over on Openstack-Operators Erin Disney announced that the schedule for the Barcelona Summit is up. Woo!!
Upcoming OpenStack Events
Best I can tell no OpenStack related events mentioned this week. Don’t forget the OpenStack Foundation’s Events Page for a list of general events that is frequently updated.
People and Projects
Core nominations & changes
- [freezer] Proposing Yang Yapeng to core team and removing Fabrizio Fresco and Eldar Nugaev – Pierre Mathieu
- [fuel] Propose Denis Egorenko for fuel-library core – Alex Shultz
- [kolla] Core nomination for Dave Walker (Daviey on irc) – Steven Dake
- [tacker] Proposing Yong Sheng Gong for Tacker core team – Sridhar Ramaswamy
Further Reading & Miscellanea
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – most recent ones linked in each case
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- What’s Happening in OpenStack Ansible (WHOA) by Major Hayden
- API Working Group newsletter – Chris Dent and the API WG
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez
- OpenStack news over on opensource.com by Jason Baker
Last but by no means least, thanks, as always, to Rackspace :)