Welcome to Last week on OpenStack Dev (“Lwood”) for the week just past. For more background on Lwood, please refer here.
Basic Stats for week 27 June to 3 July 2016 for openstack-dev:
- ~523 Messages (up about 9% relative to last week)
- ~171 Unique threads (up about 11% relative to last week)
Bit busier this week, will likely fall off a bit next week though due to various holidays in North America I suspect… :)
Notable Discussions – openstack-dev
Proposal for an Architecture Working Group – Review now in Gerrit
No new Summaries this week that I could find, but Ruby Loo sought further feedback about the Ironic midcycle (expertly summarised by Mathieu Mitchell here) that they might improve the experience all round.
TripleO Deep Dives
James Slagle proposes running a weekly hour long session to dig into topics related to TripleO. He proposes using a high bandwidth medium (Google Hangouts for example) to run these sessions.
Notable Discussions – other OpenStack lists
GUTS – a tool for migrating assets between OpenStack deployments
Michael Strang posted a question about data migration from Juno to Mitaka in reply to which Roland Chan pointed out the good work being done on GUTS – “A Workload migration engine designed to automatically move existing workloads and virtual machines from various virtualisation platforms to OpenStack” Looks rather neat!
Upcoming OpenStack Events
- [Craton] Midcycle to discuss fleet management August 23-26 New York, NY, USA – Jim Baker
Don’t forget the OpenStack Foundation’s Events Page for a list of general events that is frequently updated.
People and Projects
Core nominations & changes
- [Fuel] Nominate Maksim Malchuk to Fuel Library Core – Sergil Golovatiuk
- [Cinder] Nominating Scott D’Angelo to Cinder core – Sean McGinnis
- [Zaqar] Nominate Thomas Herve for Zaqar core – Fei Long Wang
Further Reading & Miscellanea
Don’t forget these excellent sources of OpenStack news – most recent ones linked in each case
- What’s Up, Doc? by Lana Brindley
- API Working Group newsletter – Everett Toews and the API WG
- OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest by Mike Perez
- OpenStack news over on opensource.com by Jason Baker
Random things I read this week;
- Like last week, it was a bit of a frantic one this week past so not much to report alas
This edition of Lwood brought to you by the happy sounds of family pottering about our home.